The dream of trekking through distant lands, teasing your taste buds with the flavors of foreign cuisines, travelling back in time to ancient civilizations, and immersing yourself in the culture of another part of the world is ever alluring. For the storyteller, this is only made more tantalizing by the prospect of sharing your stories from those adventures near and far, working with the virtual office granted by your laptop, smartphone and camera. In this hands-on week-long workshop you will get started on that journey, from branding your travels to starting and fine tuning your own travel storytelling WordPress site and social media feeds. You will build and grow your community in targeted niche areas, partake in a travel storytelling campaign, and explore different avenues for monetizing your travel media content.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Develop your travel storytelling brand
- Build or fine tune your travel storytelling website using WordPress.org
- Research and begin to build and engage your desired niche community online
- Create and participate in a digital travel storytelling campaign as a class
- Discover different ways to monetize your travel storytelling content
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2019
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Travel Writing: Your Journey from Branding to Monetizing your Travel Stories (BCST 0107)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.