- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Trade and consumer shows require a surprising amount of creativity, planning and budget. There are many steps and moving parts that a planner must consider to fully leverage the marketing and resource investment in these types of events. This course examines how a trade/consumer show can be an effective marketing tool for businesses of all sizes. From the physical booth to staffing, this course covers how to position a trade or consumer show as an active marketing tool within a business' overall marketing strategy. A key component of this course will be the development of a major project involving the presentation of a strategic plan for a trade/consumer show.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- This course has been retired and is no longer offered. Find other Flexible Learning courses that may interest you.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the role of trade or consumer shows as a promotional strategy and how these events play an important part of an overall integrated marketing communications plan
- Identify the process of researching, selecting, planning, budgeting and participating in trade or consumer shows
- Set measurable objectives and evaluate the results of participation
- Enhance both the financial and resource investment with public relations, social media and sponsorship elements
- Understand how integral booth staff are to trade or consumer show success
- Create impact and build appeal for an exhibit or show presence with principles of design
- Understand target audience behaviour at shows and how to best leverage
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2018
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Trade/Consumer Show Marketing (MKTG 1342)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.