The ability to make an effective business presentation is more essential than ever for individuals wanting to advance in their careers. This course will describe to participants how to analyse audience need and then integrate a variety of presentation techniques to deliver an effective presentation.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to give results-oriented, confident, and concise presentations through integration of the following skills:
- Creating rapport with the audience.
- Defining achievable objectives considering the knowledge and interest of the audience.
- Creating and using effective visuals.
- Developing strong introductions and conclusions.
- Integrating personal experience and examples to enhance credibility.
- Energizing the audience through eye contact, gestures, and pacing.
- Managing audience questions and comments.
Effective as of Fall 2010
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Technical Presentations (CMGT 7840)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.