Provides an in-depth review of the skills required for a high performing team. This hands-on course allows students to participate in each of the stages of team development. Specific application of teamwork skills includes decision-making and conflict resolution, with real life application to a variety of organizations for performance improvement.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of BUSA 2705 for the Fall 2023 term.
Sat Sep 16 - Sat Oct 21 (5 weeks)
- 5 weeks
- CRN 32058
Class meeting times
|Sep 16 - Oct 21||Sat||08:00 - 17:00||Downtown DTC Rm. 472|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
Log on to D2L for important course information. HYBRID: This course will be offered 50% in person - on campus and 50% synchronously online. The instructor will provide class details in the course outline. No classes on September 30 and October 7
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Examine the impact of management of organizations on teamwork.
- Analyze the critical elements of a team environment.
- Define team mission and vision.
- Define and clarify roles and responsibilities of team members.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of teams and develop criteria for evaluation.
- Set performance goals based on team objectives and measure team effectiveness and cohesion.
- Prepare a strategy for building the task, process, and relationship aspects of the team.
- Examine methods of valuing contributions and interactions of team members.
- Determine the degree of interdependent behaviour beneficial to team performance.
- Identify the behavioral actions necessary for building teamwork.
Effective as of Fall 2003
Teamwork Skills (BUSA 2705) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Advanced Human Resource Management
- Fire Executive Management
BCIT/Industry Partnership Certificate Part-time
Associate Certificate Part-time
- Management Skills in Communication and Negotiation
Statement of Completion Part-time
School of Health Sciences
- Advanced Safety Management
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Teamwork Skills (BUSA 2705)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.