Provides an in-depth review of the skills required for a high performing team. This hands-on course allows students to participate in each of the stages of team development. Specific application of teamwork skills includes decision-making and conflict resolution, with real life application to a variety of organizations for performance improvement.
Below is one offering of BUSA 2705 for the Spring/Summer 2022 term.
Sat Jul 09 - Sat Aug 20 (6 weeks)
- 6 weeks
- CRN 50987
Class meeting times
|Jul 09 - Aug 20||Sat||09:00 - 16:00||Downtown DTC|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
Class WILL NOT BE HELD Saturday July 30, 2022. Due the intensive nature of this course it is recommended that students have completed at least English 12 or COMM 1103 to be successful. Your instructor may choose to structure this course using the entire scheduled time for synchronous delivery, or use a mix of synchronous and asynchronous, or choose primarily an asynchronous delivery structure where you are not required to be in attendance at the scheduled time every week. Regardless of the structure, you are required to be available at all scheduled course days and times, at the instructor’s discretion, for the entire duration of the course. Your instructor will advise you in the first week of class about the structure of your course.
This course offering has been cancelled. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Examine the impact of management of organizations on teamwork.
- Analyze the critical elements of a team environment.
- Define team mission and vision.
- Define and clarify roles and responsibilities of team members.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of teams and develop criteria for evaluation.
- Set performance goals based on team objectives and measure team effectiveness and cohesion.
- Prepare a strategy for building the task, process, and relationship aspects of the team.
- Examine methods of valuing contributions and interactions of team members.
- Determine the degree of interdependent behaviour beneficial to team performance.
- Identify the behavioral actions necessary for building teamwork.
Effective as of Fall 2003
Teamwork Skills (BUSA 2705) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Advanced Human Resource Management
- Fire Executive Management
BCIT/Industry Partnership Certificate Part-time/Distance & Online Learning
Associate Certificate Part-time
- Management Skills in Communication and Negotiation
Statement of Completion Part-time/Distance & Online Learning
School of Health Sciences
- Advanced Safety Management
Certificate Part-time/Distance & Online Learning
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Teamwork Skills (BUSA 2705)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.