The course is comprised of assigned readings, Income Tax Act section references, lectures, group discussions and sample tax problems. The Associate Certificate in Financial Planning is a Financial Planning Standards Council (FPSC®) pre-approved Core Curriculum program and meets Certified Financial Planner® (CFP) program academic requirements. For further information about earning the CFP designation, please visit fpcanada.ca/students-and-candidates/paths-to-certification
Below is one offering of FMGT 3430 for the Fall 2022 term.
Tue Sep 06 - Tue Nov 29 (13 weeks)
- 13 weeks
- CRN 30771
Class meeting times
|Sep 06 - Nov 29||Tue||17:30 - 21:30||Downtown DTC Rm. 840|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Be able to identify the different sources of income for tax purposes and have a basic understanding of the tax ramifications of receiving such income.
- Be able to distinguish between tax deductible expenses and those that are not tax deductible.
- Have a basic understanding of the Canadian Income Tax system.
Effective as of Winter 2010
Taxation and Financial Planning (FMGT 3430) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Financial Management (Financial Planning)
Associate Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Taxation and Financial Planning (FMGT 3430)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.