The goal of this course is to provide candidates with the necessary skills and tools in using the Internet to effectively accomplish the goals of the contemporary business organization and to benefit from the vast and growing resources provided by and available over the Internet. The course is a component of the Information Technology Management option in the Bachelor of Technology program in Technology Management. This course is associated conceptually with the content and material in TMGT 7123, Technology Information Systems. It is also useful to associate some aspects of the course to TMGT 7154, Trends in New and Emerging Technologies.
- 50% in TMGT 7123
Below is one offering of TMGT 7153 for the Fall 2022 term.
Thu Sep 15 - Thu Dec 01 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 32779
Class meeting times
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
This course has mandatory virtual classroom sessions on Thursdays, 1830-2215 (PST). This course forms part of the Bachelor of Technology in TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT degree program. Instructions for required course readings (including purchasing instructions) will be made available at the discretion of your instructor on The Learning Hub. Be sure to log in to The Learning Hub in advance of your first session so you know how to attend. You may proceed to register for this course online, or by contacting Student Information and Enrollment Services (SIES) at 604-434-1610 or 1-866-434-1610 Toll-Free (Canada and US only).
This course offering is full. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of Internet technologies that are relevant to operational, marketing and business issues in today’s organization.
- Define the terminology, capabilities and extent of Internet resources.
- Apply the tools, techniques and search engines of the Internet to accomplish business information acquisition goals.
- Demonstrate the tactical and strategic importance of net resources both within and outside the organization through application and analysis of market research exercises, submission assignments and case studies.
- Identify the business, legal operational and security issues associated with Web development and use.
- Apply internet resources and technologies to improve the organization’s effectiveness by accelerating responsiveness, accuracy and completeness to issues and business questions.
- Differentiate between the advantages and disadvantages of different types of social media and search strategies.
- Understand upcoming web technologies and their potential impact to the organization.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2016
Tactical and Strategic Business Use of the Internet (TMGT 7153) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Tactical and Strategic Business Use of the Internet (TMGT 7153)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.