Event Planning Professionals may need to plan sustainable or "green" events as part of an organization's corporate social responsibility (CSR) goals. This course will introduce you to the new international sustainable event standards, and how to measure the environmental impact of an event. You will use these tools to develop a sustainable event for a simulated client.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of MKTG 1012 for the Winter 2023 term.
Wed Jan 04 - Sat Mar 25 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 89612
Class meeting times
|Jan 04 - Mar 25||N/A||N/A||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
Please note that the lecture component for this course is asynchronous, not requiring you to meet each and every week at a specific time, however, there will be specific timelines for assignments and exams. It is important you have a stable and consistent internet connection to access course content. Please check the following link to ensure you meet the computer requirements for the class. www.bcit.ca/files/business/pdf/bcit-sobm-byod.pdf Course content, type and quality of assignments, and general standards for this online course are the same as classroom courses. To be successful in this online course, plan to spend 7-10 hours per week on your studies, or more if it’s a condensed course, starting Week 1. Important course information will be sent to your myBCIT account prior to your course start date.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Apply new international standards to events in order to reduce their environmental impact.
- Design pre-production, sourcing and purchasing of environmentally friendly products and services, disposal of consumable waste, emissions reduction, and the energy conservation initiatives of an event.
- Predict the negative environmental impacts of events.
- Analyze different suppliers and design elements in creating sustainable events.
- Develop a sustainable event plan that fits within an organization's CSR goals.
Effective as of Fall 2021
Sustainable Event Design (MKTG 1012) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Sustainable Event Management
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Sustainable Event Design (MKTG 1012)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.