Event Planning Professionals may need to plan sustainable or "green" events as part of an organization's corporate social responsibility (CSR) goals. This course will introduce you to the new international sustainable event standards, and how to measure the environmental impact of an event. You will use these tools to develop a sustainable event for a simulated client.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Apply new international standards to events in order to reduce their environmental impact.
- Design pre-production, sourcing and purchasing of environmentally friendly products and services, disposal of consumable waste, emissions reduction, and the energy conservation initiatives of an event.
- Predict the negative environmental impacts of events.
- Analyze different suppliers and design elements in creating sustainable events.
- Develop a sustainable event plan that fits within an organization's CSR goals.
Effective as of Fall 2021
Sustainable Event Design (MKTG 1012) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Sustainable Event Management
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Sustainable Event Design (MKTG 1012)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.