Are you in an HR role or a management role with a large HR component? This course examines the link between strategic human resources planning and organizational effectiveness. Students will learn how to develop a human resources plan that supports organizational strategy. Topics include: the strategic planning process; environmental scanning, forecasting human resources supply and demand; succession management, downsizing, mergers and acquisitions; and outsourcing.
- 50% in HRMG 3105
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
By the end of this course the student will be able to:
- Gain an awareness of how human resource planning contributes to organizational effectiveness.
- Understand the linkage between human resource planning and strategic/corporate planning.
- Acquire the skills associated with human resource data collection and subsequent analysis of this information for strategic human resource planning and decision-making purposes.
- Become familiar with several human resources planning techniques and models used by organizations.
- Understand what the information requirements associated with a human resource plan are, and to be able to prepare a human resource plan from basic data.
Effective as of Fall 2003
Strategic Human Resources Planning (HRMG 4605) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Strategic Human Resources Planning (HRMG 4605)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.