- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This Level 1 of the course, “Spanish Language and Culture – Working Foundations,” will introduce students to Spanish grammar and pronunciation and build awareness of informal and formal exchanges relevant to the Spanish culture. The course presents the learners with the foundations to develop a Spanish vocabulary as well as useful expressions for working and travelling. This convenient format supports the learner’s ability to quickly gain speaking and listening competencies while building vocabulary and conjugation foundations.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Convey personal information about one's self and one's profession
- Write one’s basic personal information in Spanish
- Use foundational Spanish vocabulary to communicate in work and travel settings
- Tell time and count to 20
- Order food in a restaurant
- Give and ask for directions
- Accept and decline invitations
- Communicate formal and informal common Spanish expressions
Effective as of Fall 2023
Spanish Language and Culture – Working Foundations (SLCF 1150) is offered as a part of the following programs:
- Spanish Language and Culture Fundamentals
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Spanish Language and Culture – Working Foundations (SLCF 1150)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.