As the internet continues to grow, conversations with - and about individuals, brands and businesses are constantly taking place on a global scale. This movement is changing the way business and personal brands can be built, grow and interact with their publics. This two day workshop, featuring the best free tools and how to use them, will give students a broad understanding of best practices in public relations, branding, marketing and customer service using social media and internet marketing. It is especially valuable for individuals, marketers, managers and entrepreneurs who are responsible for a brand's reputation and performance in the market.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- This course has been retired and is no longer offered. Find other Flexible Learning courses that may interest you.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Understand online conversations.
- Manage major social media channels effectively.
- Plan, execute and evaluate social media efforts.
- Monitor online conversations about anything.
- Distribute and syndicate content effectively.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2010
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Social Media Workshop (MDIA 0045)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.