Introduces the concept of Six Sigma and its application. The course covers the Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control ( DMAIC) model and the problem solving approach used to make improvements. Topics include: the history and value of six sigma, project charter, voice of the customer, process characteristics, measurement systems analyses, data types, multi-variable studies, data analysis techniques, nonparametric statistics, failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), cycle time reduction, variance reduction, kaizen, statistical process control and design for six sigma. This course is designed to help candidates prepare for the CSSBB certification examination of the American Society for Quality.
- 50% in OPMT 1720
Below is one offering of OPMT 2730 for the Fall 2022 term.
Fri Sep 09 - Fri Dec 02 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 42222
Class meeting times
|Sep 09 - Dec 02||Fri||18:30 - 21:30||Burnaby|
No class on Friday, November 11
This course offering has been cancelled. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Apply the DMAIC problem solving approach.
- Implement a risk analysis project using FMEA.
- Analyse data to effectively communicate results.
- Analyse tests including sample size determination.
- Quantify the proportion of variability in a data set attributed to the measurement system.
- Recommend improvements as a result of data and variability analyses.
- Demonstrate how to reduce process variability for quality improvement.
Effective as of Fall 2013
Six Sigma For Quality Management (OPMT 2730) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Lean Six Sigma Principles
Associate Certificate Part-time
- Operations Management (Management Engineering Option)
- Quality and Process Management
- Six Sigma Business Improvement
Statement of Completion Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Six Sigma For Quality Management (OPMT 2730)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.