- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course provides an overview of the international shipping markets, their segmentation, and the economic aspects of the shipping business. The course will focus on various functions of the active market players and their influence on day-to-day operations, and industry trends.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand shipping economics and business principles.
- Have an understanding of commercial shipping terminology and abbreviations.
- Perform laytime and demurrage calculations.
- Valuate, plan, and execute the voyage arrangements (including cargo booking and bunker supply, etc.).
Effective as of Fall 2023
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Shipping Economics & Business (MRBU 0115)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.