This is a refresher course for students who were unsuccessful in completing the Shielded metal arc welding modules in their service class.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon success completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the SMAW process.
- Identify the main components of a SMAW station.
- Assemble, start up, shut down and maintain SMAW welding equipment.
- Identify SMAW electrodes and their uses.
- Identify materials that can be welded with the SMAW process.
- Identify the thermal effects of distortion on joint.
- Identify safety precautions for SMAW.
- Perform SMAW exercises on mild steel sheet and plate.
Effective as of Winter 2023
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Shielded Metal Arc Welding and Safety (WELD 0188)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.