The Research Proposal course prepares the students to define a research problem, develop a viable research methodology, and publish or present their results. They are expected to demonstrate their understanding of the subject matter, define a research problem through analysis of relevant literature and defend the appropriateness of their research design during their research proposal examination.
Below is one offering of BSCI 9650 for the Fall 2023 term.
Tue Sep 05 - Tue Dec 05 (15 weeks)
- 15 weeks
- CRN 41648
Class meeting times
|Sep 05 - Dec 05||Tue||11:30 - 12:20||Burnaby|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Available for re-registration (course extension) only.
- Departmental approval needed
Please contact Program Assistant, at BCIT_buildingscience@bcit.ca for approval to register for this course. Please include your A#.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Formulate research problem through analysis of literature surveys.
- Develop suitable research plans.
- Develop methodology.
- Develop professional autonomy, lines of argument, and make sound judgments independently.
- Demonstrate the feasibility of the proposed project taking the time and available resources into consideration.
- Communicate research plan and methodology orally and in written form.
Effective as of Fall 2021
Research Proposal (BSCI 9650) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Building Engineering/Building Science
Master of Applied Science Full-time/Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Research Proposal (BSCI 9650)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.