Management of quality is essential for all organizations. This course introduces fundamentals and definitions of ISO 9000, requirements of ISO 9001, and includes preparing quality plans and work methods per ISO 9001. Goals and Objectives for this course include grounding in the requirements of ISO 9001 with an emphasis on writing quality plans, and development of a Work Method as practised in the construction industry. The cumulative objective is to achieve fluency in ISO 9001 quality systems; succeed at presentation of a quality management procedure; increase the ability to implement project-level quality control activities; and achieve entry-level capability as a quality management representative in design, development, and construction.
Below is one offering of CMGT 7246 for the Spring/Summer 2022 term.
Mon Apr 25 - Mon Jul 18 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 63423
Class meeting times
|Apr 25 - May 17||Mon||18:30 - 21:30||Burnaby NE01 Rm. 403|
|May 24 - Jul 18||Mon||18:30 - 21:30||Burnaby NE01 Rm. 404|
Note* There will be no class on May 23 Victoria Day
In Progress and Full
This course offering is in progress and full. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of CMGT 7246, the student will be able to:
- Recognize the standards for specification of quality in the construction industry.
- Examine the concepts of ISO 9001-2015 and present to class a Quality Element and its function.
- Prepare a Quality Plan for his/her company or for a project relevant to his/her industry.
- Prepare a Work Method for a familiar construction activity.
- Evaluate the application and benefits of Quality Management within a corporate structure.
- Interpret case histories and the consequences of poor quality practices.
- Apply expertise and knowledge learned to the role of QC Representative for a construction company.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2016
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Quality Management in Construction (CMGT 7246)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.