- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This is the third of 3 Public Works Institute courses developed in conjunction with the Public Works Institute of BC. Based on the American Public Works Association (APWA) Public Works Institute Guidelines, it introduces the student to the broad concepts of environmental management, sustainability, and basic project management and leadership skills. The course is delivered through a series of lectures, in-class exercises, and discussions.
- 65% in INFR 1120
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the value and interrelationship of environmental management and regulation to sustainability, social systems, environment and climate change, levels of service, and economics.
- Describe the concept of sustainability as it relates to public assets, in terms of both ownership and operating.
- Assist with the development of and work with asset management plans.
- Describe and utilize records management systems.
- Describe and utilize maintenance management systems.
- Describe the principles of strategic planning and decision analysis.
- Describe and utilize the principles of project leadership and project management.
- Describe and utilize concepts of risk management.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2011
Public works Institute 3 (INFR 1130) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Public Works Supervision
Associate Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Public works Institute 3 (INFR 1130)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.