- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course takes a look at construction management processes and procedures over the life of a project with a focus on quality control and risk management. Identifying the project phases, the key milestones and deliverables at each phase, is critical to include in the project plans. Tracking, analyzing, and evaluating, progress to the milestones over the project's lifecycle allows the management team to manage and mitigate both quality and risk factors in an organized and timely manner. Best practices and new concepts will be examined in order to enable students to formulate tools and techniques specific to their management styles and types of projects. This course also provides students with opportunities to further develop their presentation and report writing skills to meet industry expectations at the construction manager's level.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Define typical project phases and identity the processes and procedures standard to each phase.
- Explain the relationship between quality control and risk management on construction projects.
- Critically analyze quality control issues and risk factors to determine potential outcomes and outline appropriate mitigative measures.
- Evaluate quality and risk factors from a wider perspective, and over the projects lifecycle.
- Formulate project processes and procedures that will enable you to manage your projects pro-actively, to the quality level expected, while mitigating project risks throughout the project lifecycle.
Effective as of Fall 2022
Project Planning for Quality & Risk Management (CMGT 7400) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Construction Management
Bachelor of Technology Full-time/Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Project Planning for Quality & Risk Management (CMGT 7400)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.