- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This online course will provide comprehensive overview of project management and leadership for the health sector. The course will identify different standards of project management practices and their application and adoption in health sector projects. Leadership components of project management are emphasized, with particular attention to engagement of project sponsors, project risk management, and interaction with critical stakeholders. The LEADS Framework will inform the course approach and delivery. This course may be eligible for students to receive funding through the StrongerBC Future Skills Grant at www.bcit.ca/financial-aid/strongerbc-future-skills-grant. Students register themselves into the course, then apply for the StrongerBC Future Skills Grant to cover payment, if eligible.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of HLED 7270 for the Winter 2024 term.
Mon Jan 08 - Fri Mar 29 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 80191
- Domestic fees $943.64International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Jan 08 - Mar 29||N/A||N/A||Online|
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Internet delivery course. Access is through my.bcit.ca Students need to contact the BCIT Bookstore in order to obtain print-based course materials.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Integrate the distributed leadership applications of the LEADS Frameworks with the domains of evidence and evidence based decision making to a specific project in the health sector.
- Apply LEADS Framework to the leadership aspects of initiating and leading a specific health system project imperative.
- Communicate successfully in the health sector project environment with an understanding of the health sector projects and initiatives.
- Function as an effective health leader in addressing the needed definition of a project.
- Explain the specific phases of a project.
- Develop a workflow breakdown for a specific project.
- Provide a realistic projection of costs, duration and budget requirements.
- Create a project plan and initiate a critical path.
- Delineate a measurement approach to illustrate project progress.
- Propose leadership strategies to ensure a high standard of care and service delivery to patients and families results from projects undertaken.
- Propose leadership strategies in selecting and retaining project team membership appropriately.
- Demonstrate professional judgment in identifying, documenting and communicating issues in leadership situations.
Effective as of Fall 2012
Project Leadership in Health Care (HLED 7270) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Project Management
Associate Certificate Part-time
School of Health Sciences
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Project Leadership in Health Care (HLED 7270)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.