This online course will provide comprehensive overview of project management and leadership for the health sector. The course will identify different standards of project management practices and their application and adoption in health sector projects. Leadership components of project management are emphasized, with particular attention to engagement of project sponsors, project risk management, and interaction with critical stakeholders. The LEADS Framework will inform the course approach and delivery.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Integrate the distributed leadership applications of the LEADS Frameworks with the domains of evidence and evidence based decision making to a specific project in the health sector.
- Apply LEADS Framework to the leadership aspects of initiating and leading a specific health system project imperative.
- Communicate successfully in the health sector project environment with an understanding of the health sector projects and initiatives.
- Function as an effective health leader in addressing the needed definition of a project.
- Explain the specific phases of a project.
- Develop a workflow breakdown for a specific project.
- Provide a realistic projection of costs, duration and budget requirements.
- Create a project plan and initiate a critical path.
- Delineate a measurement approach to illustrate project progress.
- Propose leadership strategies to ensure a high standard of care and service delivery to patients and families results from projects undertaken.
- Propose leadership strategies in selecting and retaining project team membership appropriately.
- Demonstrate professional judgment in identifying, documenting and communicating issues in leadership situations.
Effective as of Fall 2012
Project Leadership in Health Care (HLED 7270) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Project Management
Associate Certificate Part-time
School of Health Sciences
- Health Leadership
Advanced Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Project Leadership in Health Care (HLED 7270)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.