- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course is the equivalent to PEMAC Maintenance Management Professional Certification Program Module 2: Production and Operations Management for the Maintenance Manager. This module links maintenance strategies with those of production and operations. By studying production methodologies maintenance managers will be better prepared to apply these techniques to improve the performance of their business unit and align their efforts to support the production goals of the organization. Topics include: aligning maintenance strategy with corporate strategy; continuous improvement; implementing quality control; overview of production systems and operations scheduling; as well as lean manufacturing principles and techniques.
- 60% in PEMA 1000
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the economic drivers of business strategy and how maintenance contributes to an organization's success.
- Discuss the role of maintenance and maintenance management within the context of the goals of the organization and describe what the measures of success of a maintenance department ought to be.
- Discuss the potential value of both 'quality' and 'lean' process methodologies and how to apply them in the workplace. Examples: Value stream mapping, process mapping, 5S, Muda/Timwood etc.
- Describe production systems and operations scheduling strategies so that maintenance supports the optimization of production capability in various types of producing environments.
- Explain verbally, as if to a supervisor, how to apply key concepts from the Module at the workplace.
Effective as of Fall 2016
Production and Operations Management for the Maintenance Manager (PEMA 2000) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Energy
- Maintenance Management Professional
Statement of Completion Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Production and Operations Management for the Maintenance Manager (PEMA 2000)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.