Through a simulated bid closing and submission of a bid, students will apply bidding procedures, the measurement, pricing, and preparation of an estimate summary for specific items of work, construction cost accounting, requests for subcontractor quotations and subcontractor bid analyses.
- Completion of All Level 1, 2 and 3 courses.
Below is one offering of BLDC 3400 for the Winter 2023 term.
Tue Jan 10 - Tue Feb 14 (6 weeks)
- 6 weeks
- CRN 85634
Class meeting times
|Jan 10 - Feb 14||N/A||N/A||Online|
- Internet delivery format.
- Departmental approval needed
This course is for students in the Construction Estimating Certificate program, who have completed all of the level 1 to level 3 courses. Approval is required prior to registration, please contact the Program Assistant, Theresa Udevi at firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Evaluate the importance of subcontracting work, subtrades and scope of their work.
- Select, measure and price appropriate Div. 1 – General Requirements pertaining to temporary site facilities and relevant project-related administrative and procedural requirements.
- Develop rational head office overhead and profit percentages for inclusion in a bid price.
- Prepare and submit a competitive Tender for a simulated Bid Closing.
- Discern relevant information from multiple sources and select the applicable data to include in the Tender price.
Effective as of Fall 2012
Pricing and Bidding (BLDC 3400) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Construction Estimating
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Pricing and Bidding (BLDC 3400)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.