- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- This course has been retired and is no longer offered. Find other Flexible Learning courses that may interest you.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Recall the main regulations pertaining to Canadian Air Regulations Part IX regarding safe RPAS operations.
- Explain the various systems and components of a RPAS.
- Describe basic aerodynamic principles governing safe flight.
- List the important human factors relating to safe RPAS operation.
- Define the main terms relating to CARs Part IX General Provisions
- Describe the different types of Canadian airspace.
- Memorize Canadian air law, air traffic rules and procedures.
- Interpret various meteorological factors to determine whether it is safe to proceed with an operation.
- Identify the main elements pertaining to safe flight operations.
- Describe the important functional elements of airframes, power plants, propulsion and systems.
- Select the correct radiotelephone phrase to use when communicating over an air-band radio.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2021
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Preparation for Transport Canada RPAS Certification (RPAS 0100)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.