Below is one offering of RPAS 0100 for the Spring/Summer 2022 term.
Start any time
- 12 weeks
- CRN 67788
Continuous Entry, Distance or Online
This is an online learning course. Start any time. You have 12 weeks from the date you register to complete this course.
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you immediately after registering. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
Students must submit email address when registering. To be successful in our online courses, plan to spend 7-10 hours per course each week on your studies. Is online learning for you? Please take a look at our FAQ pages www.bcit.ca/distance/faq.shtml and www.bcit.ca/distance/foryou.shtml. Please note that this course is non-refundable. *BCIT Staff: Course is not available for registration via fee waiver.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Recall the main regulations pertaining to Canadian Air Regulations Part IX regarding safe RPAS operations.
- Explain the various systems and components of a RPAS.
- Describe basic aerodynamic principles governing safe flight.
- List the important human factors relating to safe RPAS operation.
- Define the main terms relating to CARs Part IX General Provisions
- Describe the different types of Canadian airspace.
- Memorize Canadian air law, air traffic rules and procedures.
- Interpret various meteorological factors to determine whether it is safe to proceed with an operation.
- Identify the main elements pertaining to safe flight operations.
- Describe the important functional elements of airframes, power plants, propulsion and systems.
- Select the correct radiotelephone phrase to use when communicating over an air-band radio.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2021
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Preparation for Transport Canada RPAS Certification (RPAS 0100)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.