- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
In this course, students will learn how to create and edit images and utilize them as a design tool to express ideas. The differences between raster and vector editing techniques will be explained, as well as when it is best to use each of them. Students will learn how to isolate and colour correct parts of an image. They will also learn how to enhance images using retouching. To strengthen the final design, variant techniques will be introduced, such as masking, blending, and painting with brushes. Students will showcase their understanding of these topics by completing individual assignments, as well as working in teams in a final project.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Utilize Photoshop’s selection methods to isolate parts of an image.
- Explain how colour corrections are applied to all or parts of an image.
- Describe the differences between raster and vector-based editing techniques.
- Utilize different retouching tools to enhance an image.
- Apply different types of masks.
- Use text and shape layers to finalize a design.
- Edit images or masks using brushes.
- Apply blending modes to enhance the appearance and opacity of a layer.
- Change the resolution of an image and export it for different mediums.
Effective as of Fall 2022
Photoshop (MDIA 2190) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Digital Design and Development
- Digital Media Foundations
Associate Certificate Part-time
School of Computing and Academic Studies
- Full-Stack Web Development
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Photoshop (MDIA 2190)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.