- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
An important part of managing your entrepreneurial career or business is the understanding of financial basics. Not just business basics, but the basics of your own financial future. Understanding the various financial products and options can help ensure future financial security. This course gives you a practical guide to understanding the foundations of personal finance. You’ll learn about mortgages, lines of credit, leases, credit scores, TSFA’s, real estate, taxes, etc. and understand the choices and rationale to use them that can make a huge difference in your life or your business. This is a course for someone who has no financial training but wants to know how to build a solid personal financial foundation for the future
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- This course has been retired and is no longer offered. Find other Flexible Learning courses that may interest you.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Prepare personal financial statements for planning and budgeting.
- Demonstrate and evaluate financial planning goals and objectives.
- Analyze and describe various consumer debt products.
- Assess various types of insurance coverage options.
- Compare various mortgage instruments.
- Describe types of investments and their features and limitations.
- Explain tax and investment products for taxation benefits.
- Describe and explain retirement planning issues and will benefits.
- Explain criteria for determining a financial advisor.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2016
Personal Finance Fundamentals (VENT 1822) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Coast Capital Savings Entrepreneurial Program
Statement of Completion Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Personal Finance Fundamentals (VENT 1822)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.