Train to become a Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI), as required by the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) in the United States (US). As a PCQI, you will prepare and implement a Food Safety Plan that complies with the FDA's Preventive Controls for Human Food regulation. Designed by the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA) in collaboration with the FDA, the course is taught by a Lead Instructor for the FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food. Companies who export to the US require a PCQI to develop and manage a food safety plan that complies with the FDA’s Preventive Controls for Human Food regulation. For those interested in becoming a PCQI and assuming the responsibility for developing, implementing and maintaining a facility Food Safety Plan; food professionals (including food safety auditors and consultants); and food facilities managers seeking knowledge of FSMA’s Preventive Control Rule. Participants will receive an official FSPCA Preventive Controls Qualified Individual certificate which is included in the tuition fee.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of FOOD 0191 for the Spring/Summer 2023 term.
Tue May 30 - Thu Jun 01 (0 days)
- 0 days
- CRN 65202
Class meeting times
|May 30 - Jun 01||N/A||N/A||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- Departmental approval needed
All registration must be approved by the Program Assistant Doreen Lee email@example.com or 604.451.7055 Registration deadline: Friday, May 13th Course delivery will be online in a workshop format. Each participant will require a computer with internet access, webcam and microphone.
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Prepare and implement a Food Safety Plan that complies with the FDA's Preventive Controls for Human Food regulation.
- Describe the role of Good Manufacturing Practices and Prerequisite Programs in a Food Safety Plan.
- Conduct hazard analysis and determine preventive controls for those hazards.
- Compare and contrast process PCs, food allergen PCs, sanitation PCs and supply-chain PCs.
- Develop verification, validation, recall and recordkeeping requirements.
Effective as of Fall 2018
Interested in being notified about future offerings of PCHF:Preventive Controls for Human Food (FOOD 0191)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.