This course examines all aspects of planning off-premise catering events from assessing a venue to costing the labour and equipment charges and determining appropriate food service for the venue and budget. Those venturing into the off-premise catering field or who have responsibility for planning catering events will benefit from this course.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of MKTG 1121 for the Winter 2023 term.
Wed Jan 04 - Wed Mar 22 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 90677
Class meeting times
|Jan 04 - Mar 22||Wed||17:30 - 20:30||Downtown DTC|
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
This course offering has been cancelled. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Determine the different types of food service and the labour and equipment requirements for the success of the event.
- Ability to identify and evaluate a venue in relation to a given event.
- Create venue and equipment checklists.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and metacognitive (problem-solving) skills.
- Develop an off-premise catering proposal.
Effective as of Fall 2016
Off-Premise Catering Planning (MKTG 1121) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Marketing Management - Event Marketing
Associate Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Off-Premise Catering Planning (MKTG 1121)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.