This 2-day workshop introduces the usage of Kali Linux to provide security functions. It covers the basics of hacking, including the concept of penetration testing (also known as ethical hacking) and its value in combating cyber threats. This workshop will expose the attendees to the world of cyber crimes. It will also provide hands-on exercises to demonstrate elements of network hacking and to evaluate the security of a network system. The attendee should have a basic understanding of computer networks and Linux operating system. This workshop is suitable for people who are handling network administration tasks. This workshop is especially useful to those who are dealing with network security operations.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of XFSC 7021 for the Fall 2022 term.
Sat Nov 05 - Sat Nov 12 (2 weeks)
- 2 weeks
- CRN 49070
Class meeting times
|Nov 05 - Nov 12||Sat||09:00 - 16:00||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
The attendee should have a basic understanding of computer networks and Linux operating system. This workshop is suitable for people who are handling network administration tasks. It is especially useful to those who are dealing with network security operations.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the importance of ethical hacking in securing data in a business environment;
- Compare the functionality of Reconnaissance tools;
- Evaluate the security of a computer network using practical Vulnerability Assessment tools;
- Secure a computer network using Kali Linux commands;
- Assess network security levels using tools pertaining to the fingerprinting and footprinting stages.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2022
Network Security using Kali Linux (XFSC 7021) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Digital Transformation
School of Computing and Academic Studies
- Cybersecurity Essentials for IT Professionals
Microcredential Part-time/Distance & Online Learning
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Network Security using Kali Linux (XFSC 7021)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.