This 2-day workshop provides an introduction and an overview on the planning and implementation of contingencies in case of incidents and disasters. The workshop intends to familiarize attendees with procedures and technologies focused on the business aspects related to incident response and disaster recovery planning and management.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of XFSC 7031 for the Fall 2022 term.
Sat Nov 19 - Sat Nov 26 (2 weeks)
- 2 weeks
- CRN 49073
Class meeting times
|Nov 19 - Nov 26||Sat||09:00 - 16:00||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
The attendee should have a basic understanding of computer networks and Linux operating system. This workshop is suitable for people who are handling network administration tasks. It is especially useful to those who are dealing with network security operations.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Evaluate and adapt security policies as they pertain to planning for contingencies;
- Assess incident response activities and incident response plans from a business impact perspective;
- Modify and manage disaster recovery plans according to a company's need;
- Create and review specific incident response Standard Operating Procedures;
- Construct a risk identification analysis including financial gain/loss per listed risk, using a spreadsheet.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2022
Incident Response and Disaster Recovery (XFSC 7031) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Computing and Academic Studies
- Cybersecurity Essentials for IT Professionals
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Incident Response and Disaster Recovery (XFSC 7031)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.