- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course explores security concepts with a focus on the configuration of Palo Alto Firewalls and FortiSIEM. Students will learn what is new in Next-Gen FireWall (NGFW), how to manage and monitor logs, connect and forward logs from different devices, collect performance information, aggregate the logs, and create a custom dashboard in SIEM. Topics include firewall policies, NAT (Network Address Translation), user authentication, SSL VPN (Secure Socket-Level Virtual Private Network), and how to protect networks using security profiles such as antivirus, DoS (Denial of Service) protection, data filtering, web filtering, file blocking, and application control. Hands-on activities include working with Palo Alto features and implementing VPN in different scenarios within a lab environment. Students will gain in-depth knowledge and practical experience on implementing high availability between two firewalls and troubleshooting a security system using the Palo Alto Networks platform. The course content will help students prepare for the PCNSE certification exam.
- It is strongly recommended that students have a background in Networking, Linux and Windows prior to taking the course.
Below is one offering of CITX 2275 for the Fall 2023 term.
Sat Sep 09 - Sat Dec 09 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 48199
- Domestic fees $1244.28International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Sep 09 - Dec 09||Sat||09:00 - 16:00||Burnaby|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
No class on Saturday Sept 30th (National Day for Truth and Reconciliation) and Sat Nov 11th (Remembrance Day). Note: BCIT reserves the right to cancel courses. In the event of a course cancellation, you will be notified at least two business days prior to the course start. Please ensure that your contact information is current.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Implement Firewall Policies
- Configure Source NAT (SNAT) and Destination NAT (DNAT)
- Implement firewall authentication, logging, and monitoring
- Describe Certificate Operations
- Configure antivirus, application control, file blocking, and web filtering to provide network protection
- Implement SSL VPN, Site to Site VPN, and IPSEC VPN
- Explain Data Leak Prevention
- Configure High Availability
- Implement Captive Portal
- Configure WildFire, data filtering, and DoS profiles
- Describe how FortiSIEM receives and collects logs
- Explain the process of normalization in FortiSIEM
- Connect different devices to FortiSIEM
- Create custom dashboards in FortiSIEM to analyze logs
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2021
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Network Security: Palo Alto (CITX 2275)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.