This course explores security concepts with a focus on the administration and configuration of FortiGate Firewalls. Students will learn the fundamentals of FortiGate administration and the components within FortiGate that can be enabled to extend functionality. Topics include firewall policies, security fabric, Source NAT (SNAT), Central NAT (CNAT), and Destination NAT (DNAT), user authentication, SSL VPN (Secure Socket-Level Virtual Private Network), and how to protect networks using security profiles such as IPS (Intrusion Prevention System), antivirus, application control and web filtering. This course also includes SD-WAN as a software-defined (SD) approach to managing Wide-Area Networks (WAN) as well as details about how and where FortiGate fits into the existing network architecture. Students will gain in-depth knowledge and practical experience on implementing and troubleshooting a security system using the Fortinet Networks platform. The course content will help students prepare for the NSE4 certification exam.
- It is strongly recommended that students have a background in Networking, Linux and Windows prior to taking the course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the need for network security
- Discuss the integration of Fortigate into an existing network architecture
- Implement Firewall Policies
- Configure Source NAT, Central NAT, and Destination NAT
- Implement firewall authentication, logging, and monitoring
- Describe Certificate Operations
- Configure antivirus, application control, file blocking, and web filtering to provide network protection
- Describe the Fortiguard Intrusion Prevention Service
- Implement SSL VPN, Site to Site VPN, and IPSEC VPN
- Explain DLP (Data Leak Prevention)
- Configure High Availability
- Implement Captive Portal
- Configure SD-WAN
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2021
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Network Security: FortiGate (CITX 2270)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.