This course is an introduction to computer programming terminology and concepts. Students will learn to write basic programs using variables, scope, control flow, functions, object-oriented language features, unit testing, error handling, HTTP serving, and how to use Python to automate network devices. Practical exercises provide students the exposure to computer programming and the ability to interpret programming code.
- To participate in this course, students should be familiar with computers and have an understanding of how to use a text editor for programming.
Below is one offering of CITX 1142 for the Winter 2023 term.
Tue Jan 10 - Thu Mar 30 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 87393
Class meeting times
|Jan 10 - Mar 30||Tue, Thu||18:30 - 21:30||Burnaby|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
For any inquiries regarding this course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: BCIT reserves the right to cancel courses. In the event of a course cancellation, you will be notified at least two business days prior to the course start. Please ensure that your contact information is current in your myBCIT account.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Install the tools required to use an object-oriented programming language to create a program
- Code within an Integrated Development Environment
- Describe various data types including Strings, Integers, and Floats
- Implement code to demonstrate list, set, tuples, conditionals, loops and Exceptions
- Implement code to demonstrate functions and Modules
- Implement code to work with objects and classes
- Implement code to demonstrator regular expression
- Implement network API with Python
- Implement code to automate network devices
- Use Python in different firewalls and routers for automations
Effective as of Winter 2020
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Network Programming with Python (CITX 1142)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.