- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Modified from NSNN 7400, for nurses enrolled in a Compressed Time Frame program and VIHA program. Nephrology Nursing Certificate requires completion of NSNN 7420 Part B as well. The focus of NSNN 7410 course is to introduce principles of Hemodialysis. It is required to complete successfully in order to enroll into NSNN 7500 Hemodialysis clinical course. The application of the concepts of chronicity and transition to the context and theory of hemodialysis dialysis, comprehensive assessments of clients on dialysis will be explored. The basic theoretical concepts introduced in this course will be further applied in subsequent clinical courses that follow NSNN 7400.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
As a healthcare practitioner, you are expected to follow professional standards of practice throughout all SN programs and courses. In this course, you will have opportunities to use the processes of critical thinking, systematic inquiry, communication, collaboration, leadership, professionalism, and clinical decision-making. Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Reflect on various approaches to health care in a dialysis setting and the building of patient-nurse relationships using the principles of transition theory.
- Utilize critical thinking and systematic inquiry skills to create a comprehensive assessment tool for a renal client experiencing common health challenges.
- Describe the principles of hemodialysis and the underlying physiological impacts.
- Explain the efficacy of dialysis using clinical data.
- Interpret clinical data to recognize complications of dialysis.
- Apply knowledge of dialysis to develop care plans for renal patients.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2023
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Nephrology Theory 2: Part A (NSNN 7410)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.