- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
The media industry is exponentially growing and changing. In this course you will discover broadcast jargon, some broadcast history, and most importantly how to work on your pitch. Knowing what a pitch is and being able to practice pitching is crucial in any business but especially media. This begins with knowing how to navigate the media landscape. Human beings are natural born storytellers, it is part of why so many of us are drawn towards media. There are many ways to be a part of the industry that bring these stories to life but in all aspects of the business at some point you will have to pitch yourself and your idea. This interactive course is the place to practice and perfect your pitch.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of BCST 4109 for the Spring/Summer 2024 term.
Thu Apr 04 - Thu Jul 04 (14 weeks)
- 14 weeks
- CRN 67416
- Domestic fees $662.43International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Apr 04 - Jul 04
|18:00 - 21:15
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course will be delivered synchronously ONLINE, requiring your attendance and participation in scheduled online lectures on the days and times noted on the course web page. You will be expected to attend online class meeting times as this is not a self-paced course. If seats remain, registration is permitted without approval up to April 17, 2024, by calling 604-434-1610.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Effectively workshop and provide feedback to peers/colleagues in media
- Determine the key points of media history
- Communicate the cause and effects of modern media
- Define the jargon and terminology of the media industry
- Distinguish the fundamental roles within a production
- Explore funding options available to media creators
- Assemble a group pitch package
- Analyze the collaborative process required to bring a project to fruition
- Plan and pitch a media project
- Communicate the skill sets and strengths they hope to bring to the industry
Effective as of Winter 2021
Navigating the Media Landscape and Crafting Your Pitch (BCST 4109) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Navigating the Media Landscape and Crafting Your Pitch (BCST 4109)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.