- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course will provide the necessary theoretical instruction required to write the Technical Safety BC certification examination. Practical training provides the skills required to identify, inspect, diagnose, service, and repair natural gas (CNG) powered vehicles. Contact Technical Safety BC (www.technicalsafetybc.ca) to determine eligibility and to schedule an examination.
- Minimum Third Year Apprentice or B.C. TQ in Automotive, Commercial Transport, or Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand properties of natural gas.
- Understand CNG fuel safety procedures.
- Identify different pressure relief devices, valves, cylinder components, lock off devices, and fuel lines.
- Understand basic comprehension of natural gas for vehicles installation code book and requirements for certification of technicians and facilities.
- Understand basic comprehension of CNG equipment, including pressure regulators and other electronic devices.
- Recognize multi-fuel components and the requirements of a CNG conversion.
- Identify and read emissions and understand meaning of open and closed loop systems for electronic fuel injection engines.
- Understand exhaust emission readings and reasons behind specific readings.
- Recognize new technologies in CNG and OEM equipment.
- Understand how to apply for and write the Technical Safety BC certification examination.
Effective as of Winter 2018
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Natural Gas Fuel Systems for Vehicles (AUTO 0134)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.