Following on from COMP 0261 plus COMP 0264, participants are shown advanced topics for using Excel in this intensive, hands-on seminar. Topics include: auditing worksheets, analyzing data with what if analysis including goal seek, solver and scenarios. Use of Consolidation and linking techniques. Advanced topics include: basic macros, collaboration, auditing, conditional formatting, data validation, protecting files, revision tracking and importing and exporting data to MS Word. Successful participants in all three One-Day Excel workshops will acquire a solid understanding of how to use MS Excel for a variety of tasks.
Below is one offering of COMP 0269 for the Fall 2023 term.
Fri Dec 01 (1 day)
- 1 day
- CRN 32491
Class meeting times
|Dec 01||Fri||09:00 - 17:00||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
Course is 7 hours synchronous online class. As this is a one-day workshop and will move quickly in order to cover all of the material, it is important that the student is prepared. Please understand that it is the student’s responsibility to be prepared; to have the prerequisites, hardware and technology required to login and participate. Students must provide their own PC or laptop with Windows 10 or 11 and Excel 2021 or Microsoft 365 in order to participate in this course successfully. Free textbook for COMP 0269 students who have taken COMP 0264 in the same term.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- To enhance productivity and streamline Excel workflow.
- To work with multiple Excel worksheets and workbooks.
- To use formula auditing and lookup functions.
- To share workbooks and protect workbooks.
- To locate errors and use data validation.
- To use spark lines on charting.
- Import and export data to MS Word to automate workbook functionality using forms and macros.
- To use Automated Analysis Tools for What-If Analysis.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2016
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of MS Excel Workshop 3 (COMP 0269)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.