Provides motorcycle owners and enthusiasts with general maintenance skills. Covers engines, suspension, brakes, tires, and electrical systems. Combines lectures, demonstrations and hands-on activities to present material. Tools and motorcycles are provided for students to perform hands-on maintenance procedures. Students may also have the opportunity to bring their own motorcycles for inspections and other minor maintenance procedures (time permitting and at the instructor’s discretion).
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of MCMX 0115 for the Fall 2022 term.
Sat Oct 15 - Sat Oct 29 (3 weeks)
- 3 weeks
- CRN 34217
Class meeting times
|Oct 15 - Oct 29||Sat||09:00 - 15:30||Burnaby NE20 Rm. 104|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
CSA approved safety glasses and footwear required. Footwear must be steel-toed, leather, ankle covering boots.
This course offering is full. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Identify components of a motorcycle that require maintenance;
- Perform appropriate maintenance procedure for each component;
- Identify relationship between wear and grouped components; and,
- Identify the differences between the various replacement components available.
Effective as of Fall 2003
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Motorcycle Maintenance 1 (MCMX 0115)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.