This workshop is intended for registered nurses who have taken the Forensic Nurse Examiner training and who are new or returning to their roles as Forensic Nurse Examiners. Students will have an opportunity to observe a mock examination, and to see, hold and touch tools that are used in the forensic examination. Other topics covered include consent, medical legal documentation, and forensic sample collection. Upon successful completion of this course, students will earn a digital badge titled "Sexual Assault Forensic Examination Skills".
- FSCT 7840 or by permission of the forensics department.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the key components to obtaining consent from a patient
- Apply forensic standards of sample collection and documentation during an examination
- Demonstrate use of tools that are used in the forensic examination
- Conduct a complete head to toe forensic examination
Effective as of Winter 2022
Mock Sexual Assault Forensic Examination Workshop (XFSC 7850) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Computing and Academic Studies
- Advanced Forensic Nurse Examiner
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Mock Sexual Assault Forensic Examination Workshop (XFSC 7850)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.