- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This advanced level 2 course prepares experienced technicians to diagnose and repair modern electronic hydraulic systems. Training begins with a brief review of hydraulic systems on mobile heavy equipment, with an introduction to load sensing pump operation and resolver networks. Troubleshooting methods are demonstrated using the manufacturer's hydraulic schematics to group and isolate the potential problems when symptoms such as improper speed, pressure, heat, noise, leaks and specific failures have been identified. This course covers causes of failures of cylinders, pressure relief valves, flow controls, directional controls, hydraulic pumps, motors, and other hydraulic accessories. Various types of hydraulic circuits are covered so the student develops a broader understanding of symbol (component) arrangements and feel comfortable explaining them. A detailed look at electronic controlled hydraulic systems on wheel loaders, bulldozers, and road graders (including the 160 M series grader) will give the student a better understanding of system operations and troubleshooting procedures. Company specific equipment problems with circuit description or schematics may be integrated into this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Diagnose advanced hydraulic systems efficiently and effectively
- Repair hydraulic systems and components
- Repair electronic hydraulic systems
- Perform on-board diagnostic calibrations and use a systematic approach to fault code troubleshooting
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2018
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Mobile Hydraulics Advanced 2 (HDMX 0108)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.