This advanced level 1 course is for students/technicians who require advanced hydraulic knowledge. Coverage will progress from component symbols learned in Mobile Hydraulics Fundamentals into complete schematics. Remote control of pressure valves using pilot valves, bleed off orifices, and proportional controls will be discussed. Simultaneous control of multiple actuators while maintaining pressure and flow requirements will be reviewed. Operation and set up of pumps will be demonstrated. Slip in and screw in cartridge valve design and operation will be presented. Proportional directional control valve function will be introduced. Closed loop hydrostatics and wheeled equipment steering systems will also be covered in this course. Students will test and adjust pressures on Caterpillar and John Deere equipment in a modern shop environment.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe hydraulic systems and components
- Diagnose basic hydraulic systems and components
- Describe electronic hydraulic systems
- Perform pressure testing and adjustments on industrial mobile equipment
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2018
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Mobile Hydraulics Advanced 1 (HDMX 0107)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.