The course will introduce students/technicians, with limited knowledge, to fluid power fundamentals as they apply to mobile industrial equipment and identify the major components that make up the hydraulic systems on various equipment makes and models. Hydraulic components and systems will be discussed in general as the instructor builds a hands-on working model of a complete hydraulic system. Fluid power symbols will be compared to the actual components as students experience hands-on practical exercises. Procedures will include maintenance of hydraulic systems and safe work practices.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe basic hydraulic systems and components
- Identify basic hydraulic components, symbols and test equipment
- Perform basic service procedures
- De-energize hydraulic systems
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2018
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Mobile Hydraulics Fundamentals (HDMX 0106)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.