- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This intense course is targeted for students who have already completed any MS Office course and who already know how to use the Ribbon interface, with the contextual tabs and Quick Access Toolbar. This hands-on, instructor lead course provides a short review of the Ribbon interface, using lectures, lab exercises and home work assignments to provide practical skills. Topics include: working with templates, creating slides, inserting objects, tables, charts and diagrams, adding transitions and animations as well as adding special effects. Using Masters will be included. Students progress from a beginner to an intermediate level in only 4 lessons and master techniques and shortcuts needed to create, format and manage many types of PowerPoint presentations. By the end of this course successful participants will be able to create custom slide shows, collaborate, package and deliver a PowerPoint presentation. COMP 2384 will be offered once a year in November.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explore the PowerPoint interface and familiarize yourself with the interface.
- Create a presentation.
- Format text on slides.
- Add graphical objects to a presentation.
- Modify graphical objects on slides.
- Work with tables in a presentation.
- Import charts to a presentation.
- Prepare to deliver a presentation.
- Customize the PowerPoint environment.
- Customize a design template.
- Add SmartArt graphics to a presentation.
- Add special effects to a presentation.
- Customize a slide show.
- Collaborate on a presentation.
- Secure and distribute a presentation.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2016
Microsoft PowerPoint (COMP 2384) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Computing and Academic Studies
- Applied Computer Applications (ACA)
Associate Certificate Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Microsoft PowerPoint (COMP 2384)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.