This instructor lead, hands-on course continues on from COMP 2010. Students must have prior knowledge and skills at using the basic and intermediate features of MS Excel before starting this Advanced MS Excel course. Participants start at an intermediate level and progress to expert in just 6 lessons while practicing how to create and manage a variety of meaningful spreadsheets. COMP 2362 focuses on the best practices, time saving techniques and how to use MS Excel to create to analyze, communicate and manage information. Lectures, lab exercises in class and assignments outside of class are used for an applied learning experience. Advanced topics include: consolidating data in multiple worksheets templates, dealing with error messages, solver and basic macros. Students who have not completed COMP 2010 should know subtotalling, pivot tables and pivot charts. Participants progress from intermediate to expert in just 6 weeks. This course is an elective in the Applied Computer Information Systems (ACIS) Associate Certificate from BCIT Computing. By the end of this course, successful participants will be expert end users of MS Excel. This course is offered once a year in the Spring (April) term.
- 60% in COMP 2010
Below is one offering of COMP 2362 for the Spring/Summer 2023 term.
Fri Jun 09 - Fri Jul 21 (6 weeks)
- 6 weeks
- CRN 64909
Class meeting times
|Jun 09 - Jul 21||Fri||18:00 - 21:00||Online|
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
Course is 18 hours synchronous online classes. Students must provide their own PC or laptop with Windows 10 or 11 and Excel 2021 or Microsoft 365 in order to participate in this course successfully. Late registration is not permitted. No class June 30.
This course offering is full. Please check back next term, subscribe to receive email updates or contact us with your comments or questions.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Analyze data using the What-If analysis functions: Goal Seek, Scenario Manager, Data Tables.
- Analyze data using the Data Analysis Tools: Anova, Solver and Histograms.
- Consolidate data and 3D formulas.
- Apply data validation options.
- Apply trace dependents, precedents and trace errors options.
- Demonstrate finding and fixing formula errors.
- Use imported data.
- Use exported data.
- Prepare, create and apply Templates and Styles.
- Demonstrate basic Macro use.
Effective as of Winter 2022
Microsoft Excel Advanced (COMP 2362) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Computing and Academic Studies
- Applied Computer Information Systems (ACIS)
Associate Certificate Part-time
- Applied Database Administration and Design
Associate Certificate Part-time
- Computer Systems
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Microsoft Excel Advanced (COMP 2362)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.