- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Students apply what they have learned in various Mechanical Systems courses to a mechanical design to demonstrate their proficiency as a mechanical systems designer. The project is produced to industry standards and specifications under the guidance of a sponsoring company and a faculty member. To be taken on completion of all other credits in the Program. This course may be eligible for students to receive funding through the StrongerBC Future Skills Grant at www.bcit.ca/financial-aid/strongerbc-future-skills-grant. Students register themselves into the course, then apply for the StrongerBC Future Skills Grant to cover payment, if eligible.
- Completion of all other credits in the Associate Certificate in Mechanical Systems.
Below is one offering of MSYS 4091 for the Winter 2024 term.
Start any time
- 12 weeks
- CRN 88622
- Domestic fees $579.43International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Continuous Entry, Distance or Online
This is a distance learning course. Start any time. You have 12 weeks from the date you register to complete this course.
Ali Mohammad Vali
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Departmental approval needed
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Departmental approval required. Please contact email@example.com for approval prior to registration. This is a continual entry course. Students can register at any time during the term and have 12 weeks to complete the course from the date of registration. BCIT reserves the right to cancel courses. In the event of a course cancellation, you will be notified at least two business days prior to the course start. Please ensure that your contact information is current.
Upon successful completion, student will be able to:
- Apply the principles of mechanical systems to a design project
- Solve problems in a team environment
- Prepare a project proposal
- Produce, analyse, and select alternative solutions
- Communicate progress with a project owner
- Plan and schedule projects
- Prepare a technical report
Effective as of Fall 2020
Mechanical Systems Practicum (MSYS 4091) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Energy
- Mechanical Systems
Associate Certificate Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Mechanical Systems Practicum (MSYS 4091)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.