Calculate and analyze heating, cooling and ventilation loads in commercial, institutional and residential buildings. Topics include use of climatic data, comfort conditions, ASHRAE criteria standards, and methods of determining heat loss and heat gains. Computer-aided techniques for determining loads will be introduced.
- Familiarity with MS Excel and AutoCAD.
Below is one offering of MSYS 2020 for the Fall 2023 term.
Wed Sep 13 - Wed Nov 29 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 38047
Class meeting times
|Sep 13 - Nov 29||Wed||18:45 - 21:45||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
PLEASE NOTE: This course will be delivered in an ONLINE format. Details will be provided shortly. BCIT reserves the right to cancel courses. In the event of a part-time studies course cancellation, you will be notified at least two business days prior to the course start. Please ensure that your contact information is current.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Calculate the heat transmission coefficients for different building construction types.
- Apply ASHRAE standards and guidelines to HVAC system design.
- Establish both indoor and outdoor design conditions for buildings.
- Calculate sensible heat, latent heat, and sensible heat ratio and ratio line.
- Conduct heating, cooling and ventilation load calculations both manually and computer aided.
- Calculate HVAC loads for various types of buildings using industry standard methods and computer-aided techniques.
Effective as of Winter 2011
HVAC Load Analysis (MSYS 2020) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Energy
- Mechanical Systems
Associate Certificate Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of HVAC Load Analysis (MSYS 2020)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.