This course builds and expands on knowledge gained in previous material courses as they apply to commercial interior projects. Students will prepare specifications for various materials with consideration of their physical properties and appropriate applications. Focus will be on sourcing responsible materials for the interior environment.
Entrance requirements for the Diploma and 65% in COMM 2320* (*may be taken concurrently).
Below is one offering of INTD 3320 for the Spring/Summer 2022 term.
Mon Apr 04 - Mon Jun 27 (11 weeks)
- 11 weeks
- CRN 68091
Class meeting times
|Apr 04 - Jun 27||Mon||18:00 - 21:15||Burnaby NE01 Rm. 305|
No class Monday April 18th and Monday May 23rd - Stat Holidays If you wish to be placed on the INTD department maintained waitlist for this course, please email INTD_Waitlist@bcit.ca with the following information: Your name, student number, course number, and CRN. Please note - waitlist requests are not accepted until after 9:30am on registration day.
In Progress and Full
This course offering is in progress and full. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Source materials and finishes for commercial interior environments.
- Integrate sustainable assessment criteria for the selection of materials.
- Identify materials that impact indoor air quality.
- Identify the appropriateness of material selection for commercial applications.
- Calculate the embodied energy of a material.
- Recognize when to use the following methods of specification writing; Master Format divisions as they apply to interior design, comprehensive material specifications for construction drawings, typical Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment (FF&E) specification.
- Engage in responsible decision-making with consideration for current and future generations.
Effective as of Fall 2020
Materials and Specifications (INTD 3320) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Materials and Specifications (INTD 3320)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.