- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course builds and expands on knowledge gained in previous material courses as they apply to commercial interior projects. Students will prepare specifications for various materials with consideration of their physical properties and appropriate applications. Focus will be on sourcing responsible materials for the interior environment.
Below is one offering of INTD 3320 for the Fall 2023 term.
Tue Sep 12 - Tue Nov 28 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 46946
Class meeting times
|Sep 12 - Nov 28||Tue||18:00 - 21:00||Burnaby NE01 Rm. 353|
***Please note*** - Students who do not meet the mandatory prerequisites will be dropped without notice.
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Source materials and finishes for commercial interior environments.
- Integrate sustainable assessment criteria for the selection of materials.
- Identify materials that impact indoor air quality.
- Identify the appropriateness of material selection for commercial applications.
- Calculate the embodied energy of a material.
- Recognize when to use the following methods of specification writing; Master Format divisions as they apply to interior design, comprehensive material specifications for construction drawings, typical Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment (FF&E) specification.
- Engage in responsible decision-making with consideration for current and future generations.
Effective as of Fall 2020
Materials and Specifications (INTD 3320) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Materials and Specifications (INTD 3320)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.