In this course students will learn the tools for planning, scheduling, control and optimization of the supply of materials to support various manufacturing processes. The Theory of Constraints is taught using the case studies related to major automotive manufacturers. The methods of procuring goods and services to meet the quantity quality, and price requirements are illustrated using typical industrial processes. The technique of "Kanban" for inventory and work in process control are reviewed. The manufacturing excellence techniques such as signaling systems, partnering with suppliers, and point-of-use storage are discussed and illustrated using industrial case studies.
- 50% in MECH 1210
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Understand the aggregate logistics process.
- Employ various logistics strategies and measurements.
- Understand the role of inventory within a manufacturing firm.
- Define various sourcing techniques.
- Understand the importance of supplier partnerships.
- Analyze make or buy decisions for products.
- Appreciate the role of the quality assurance department.
- Define the supply chain.
Effective as of Fall 2005
Material Logistics (OPMT 7023) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Energy
Bachelor of Technology Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Material Logistics (OPMT 7023)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.