- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course will address the environmental threats and impacts from the shipping industry, along with the regulatory requirements and management systems to prevent and mitigate the impact. Students will be provided with actual marine pollution case study analysis, including legal and insurance aspects.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of MRBU 0130 for the Winter 2024 term.
Sat Jan 06 (1 day)
- 1 day
- CRN 91759
- Domestic fees $410.30International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Jan 06||Sat||09:00 - 12:00||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the nature of pollution risks across the maritime sector.
- Have an understanding of the international, regional, and local bodies that enforce compliance with marine pollution prevention and management.
- Have an understanding of the owners' and charterers' obligations to avoid/minimize the pollution.
- Have an understanding of the various types of pollution, and best preventive management practices related to oil pollution, air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions, ballast water and other marine pollutants, and the impacts of noise pollution in the ocean.
- Have an understanding of the potential legal and insurance issues related to marine pollution.
Effective as of Fall 2023
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Marine Pollution Prevention & Management (MRBU 0130)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.