Managing human resources is a vital part of project management and a most important factor for project success. Typically team efforts outperform individual efforts, as a result achieving the best performance from project teams requires an understanding of and the ability to develop and manage teamwork. For teams to be productive, team members must be flexible, motivated, supportive, work interdependently, understand and respect roles and responsibilities, and must be committed to the project goals. This course provides comprehensive coverage of project team management strategies and techniques for designing the team structure, creating roles & responsibilities, staffing the team, developing the team, and managing team performance. Students are provided with best practices along with plenty of real life project management examples of their application all in a hand-on interactive format to enhance learning. 15 PDU Credits are earned from the Project Management Institute (PMI).
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand what makes a team "high performing".
- Understand team dynamics and cultural diversity.
- Organize and create a project team structure to meet the project needs.
- Use staffing strategies to acquire the most suitable team members.
- Use techniques to manage newly formed teams.
- Develop the project team communications plan.
- Apply team development techniques.
- Manage conflict within teams.
- Create methods to manage and control individual and team performance.
- Create a High Performing Project Team.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2013
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Managing High Performing Project Teams (OPMT 0218)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.