This integrated project course is an opportunity for the emerging leader to synthesise and apply learning gained throughout their studies to a practical problem or opportunity in their workplace and while reflecting on their learning. An evidence informed process will be used to conduct a systematic review of the major issues and best practices, develop appropriate alternatives and present a fully justified recommendation for solving the problem or advancing opportunity. The emerging leader is to consult with their Program Head and their employer or an external organization of their choosing to identify a project plan that meets the learning objectives. Emerging leaders will contribute to knowledge translation by disseminating findings and communicating solutions to an appropriate audience in a professional context.
- Successful completion of all HLED 7xxx series courses.
Below is one offering of HLED 8280 for the Fall 2022 term.
Mon Sep 12 - Fri Dec 02 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 40120
Class meeting times
|Sep 12 - Dec 02||N/A||N/A||Online|
- Internet delivery format.
- Departmental approval needed
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
Internet delivery course. Access is though my.bcit.ca. Students must contact the BCIT Bookstore in order to order any associated print materials. Program approval required to register; eligible students should contact the Program Assistant to register if you do not yet have program approval.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Define a problem or opportunity to be addressed and is of significance to project stakeholders.
- Conduct a systematic review and synthesis of the evidence and perspectives associated with the problem or opportunity using authoritative sources.
- Generate appropriate alternatives.
- Present a fully justified recommendation and value-added recommendations for the chosen alternative.
- Demonstrate reflective practice during the project by relating behaviours and observations to leadership capabilities.
- Contribute to knowledge translation by communicating findings in a suitable professional context.
Effective as of Fall 2012
Leadership Integrative Project (HLED 8280) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Health Sciences
- Health Leadership
Advanced Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Leadership Integrative Project (HLED 8280)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.