In this course, students will learn to effectively use non-technical skills in human factors in order to control ship operation and care for the people on board. Students will learn the skills to attain standards for leadership, teamwork, and managerial skills at the operational and management levels according to Annex A of the STCW Code.
- Students must have a Certificate of Competency at least at the Officer Level (Nautical, Engineering or Electro-Tech) and at least 6 months of sea service after acquiring a Certificate of Competency at the Officer Level.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Safely and efficiently manage the ship's resources, as well as personnel, and their training.
- Promote good practice in shipboard human resource management.
- Effectively manage workload, stress, and fatigue.
- Control the operations of the ship at the operational and managerial levels.
- Effectively make decisions in regard to resource and personnel management, according to given scenarios.
Effective as of Winter 2018
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Leadership and Managerial Skills (ENAV 2475)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.