- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
In this course, students will learn to effectively use non-technical skills in human factors in order to control ship operation and care for the people on board. Students will learn the skills to attain standards for leadership, teamwork, and managerial skills at the operational and management levels according to Annex A of the STCW Code.
- Students must have a Certificate of Competency at least at the Officer Level (Nautical, Engineering or Electro-Tech) and at least 6 months of sea service after acquiring a Certificate of Competency at the Officer Level.
Below is one offering of ENAV 2475 for the Winter 2024 term.
Mon Feb 05 - Fri Feb 09 (5 days)
- 5 days
- CRN 86406
- Domestic fees $1584.07International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Feb 05 - Feb 09||Mon - Fri||08:30 - 17:15||Aerospace Technology ATC|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This CRN will be held at Aerospace Campus in Richmond. Copies of prerequisites must be presented to the instructor on the first day of the course. Please refer to prerequisite section of course webpage for details. 6 day course condensed into 5 days by extending course hours.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Safely and efficiently manage the ship's resources, as well as personnel, and their training.
- Promote good practice in shipboard human resource management.
- Effectively manage workload, stress, and fatigue.
- Control the operations of the ship at the operational and managerial levels.
- Effectively make decisions in regard to resource and personnel management, according to given scenarios.
Effective as of Winter 2018
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Leadership and Managerial Skills (ENAV 2475)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.