In this course you will explore the WordPress blogging platform from a writer and blogger’s perspective. Upon completion of the course you will have created a live, functioning, and customized WordPress blog on a niche topic of your choice. You will focus on developing your blog’s strategy with tactics such as, search engine optimization (SEO), marketing and monetization, voice, and branding.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Develop a niche market blog
- Discuss the importance of blog strategy and tactics
- Explain blog ethics, professionalism and best practices
- Create a pitch for your blog to businesses and brands
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2014
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Introduction to WordPress Blogging (MKTG 1088)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.